by Mike Kravitz
on Thursday, January 19th, 2017 at 4:31pm.
Chicagoans are proud of their city. From the breathtaking skyline to its unique neighborhoods, Chicago is a sight to see. Chicago acts as a muse to artists across the globe, translating their inspiration into art. Below are ten renderings of Chicago enthused art that we love. Best of all, they are available for purchase for you to display in your home!
1) Why we love it: The skyline of Chicago is amazing, but Chicago itself is filled with a myriad of beautiful and historic buildings that sometimes don’t get the love they deserve. One of those structures is Marina City. Designed by Bertrand Goldberg, Marina City was the first in the United States to be constructed with tower cranes, when it was completed in 1964.
The design itself is simplistic and clean, but still captures its iconic corncob design.
Live in the River North area and maybe you could live there or nearby!
2) Why we love it: Colorful art is making a comeback, and many consider black and white boring. While in some instances this may be true, black and white art still captures the classic feel. The abstract splatter paint of this design also has a Chicago meets Gotham flavor we’re digging right now.
3) Why we love it: Chicago’s streets may not be paved with gold, but for those who love this city, the memories made here are just as precious. Gold foil creates a nice pop of color and imitates the feel of monochromatic art when the light hits it. Many designers use gold as an accent color, making this piece perfect to highlight golden hues throughout a space.
Does all this talk about gold make you want to move to the Gold Coast?
4) Why we love it: While Britto-style art isn’t quite as popular in Chicago, this design takes notes from the acclaimed Brazilian artist. The colorful design and playful imagery can breathe life into any room. It’s one of those images you look at for a pick-me-up.
5) Why we love it: We’ve all seen a great picture of the Chicago skyline taken from the water, but this piece gives us a glance at the architecture from a new perspective, literally. The combination of that with the gradient color scheme that would catch anyone’s eye is enough to want this beauty hanging above your headboard!
6) Why we love it: Sometimes a well-taken photograph is enough to warrant a nail in the wall. Chicago by night is just as beautiful as Chicago by day. This photo is a nice reminder of all the wonderful nightlife this city has to offer, from top-notch bars, to live theater, to improv, or even a stroll in Streeterville at Navy Pier!
7) Why we love it: Typography pieces are coming back in a big way it seems. We see it all over etsy and on home improvement shows! This artist offers customization so you can get the neighborhoods you want displayed proudly in your home.
8) Why we love it: Raise your hand if you like patterns! This piece offers a clash of patterns that somehow still work. It’s reminiscent of pixelism, the closer you get, the more chaos you see, and yet there is a method to the madness that creates a colorful and mesmerizing display of the Chicago skyline.
9) Why we love it: The 1889 classic, Starry Night, by Vincent van Gogh, is breathtaking. As a nod to the great artist, the Chicago skyline was placed atop the ethereal starry night sky. It gives an onlooker a sense of calm as the sleepy city glows under an ingenuity over 100 years old.
10) Why we love it: The Chicago flag has inspired many a tattoo to proud Chi men and women. If getting tatted up is a little too hard core for you, but you still want to display your pride, this fun design will get the job done.
Has showing all this love to Chicago and its different neighborhoods motivated you to move or consider a new area? Check out reside360's listings by neighborhoods to see what’s available in the area that inspires you!